OnGrowing Mindfulness: Therapeutic Horticulture for Individuals Living with Dementia & Their Loved Ones
Chef Norm’s Balsamic Glazed Filet Mignon
April 11, 2017
- 2 (4-6 oz.) filet mignon steaks
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Salt, garlic powder & onion powder to taste
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- Sprinkle the black pepper, salt, garlic powder & onion powder on both steaks, top & bottom.
- Heat a frying pan with the olive oil, over medium heat. Place both steaks in the pan & cook for a minute on both sides. Reduce heat to low & add the balsamic vinegar & red wine.
- Cover the pan & cook for an additional 3-4 minutes on both sides. When you turn over the steaks, baste with some of the sauce mixture from the pan.
- Remove the steaks from the pan & top off with some of the sauce from the pan, then serve.