Chef Norm’s Banana Bread
These loaves freeze beautifully!
- 1 pound of salted butter (softened)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 9 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 5 eggs (beaten)
- 5 cups of flour
- 1/8 cup baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Butter and flour four 9″ loaf pans and set aside.
- Cream the butter and then gradually beat in the sugar while mixing on a low setting. Then mix in the beaten eggs, followed by the sour cream and mashed bananas. (Add raisins if you like.)
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add the dry mix into the batter and continue to mix until there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the 4 prepared loaf pans making sure that the mixture fills the loaf pans 2/3 high.
- Baking time is usually 35 minutes. (Because some ovens vary, check the loaves with a toothpick at 25 minutes and every five minutes after. When the tooth pick comes out dry, your loaves are finished.)
- Cool loaves for 15 minutes, and then remove from pans. Once completely cooled, wrap in plastic to keep loaves fresh.