Chef Norm’s Chicken with Lemon & Capers
A flavorful, zesty favorite!
- ½ teaspoon Mrs. Dash Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon dry parsley
- ½ cup flour
- 2 (6-8 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons small capers, drained
- 2 lemon wedges for decoration
- Mix together salt & flour in a bowl, then coat the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium flame then brown the chicken on both sides, making sure that the chicken is cooked in the center. Then remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside in a warm area. Make sure the bottom of the skillet does not burn
- In the same skillet, pour the white wine & bring to a boil on a medium flame, dissolving any cooked bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the lemon juice and allow to boil again. Continue to boil until this liquid mixture is reduced by half.
- Sprinkle the cubed butter into the boiling sauce and continue to mix until the butter is dissolved, thus thickening the sauce. Mix vigorously or the butter & sauce will separate. The butter must never come to rest. Once the butter has dissolved, remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the capers.
- Plate the chicken immediately and pour some of the sauce over the cooked chicken. Add the lemon wedge & sprinkle a tiny bit of parsley over the sauced chicken.