Chef Norm’s Cranberry Banana Bread
- 2 & ¼ cups of sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of shortening
- 4 mashed bananas
- 1 cup of cranberry sauce
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 & ¼ cups of flour
- 1 & ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 & ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup of golden raisins-optional
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts-optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans (9×5). In a bowl, mix together the sugar & shortening until fluffy & light, then add the eggs, followed by the bananas, cranberry sauce, milk & vanilla. Mix well.
- Mix, in another bowl, the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, & the nutmeg.
- Slowly blend the flour mixture into the liquid mixture. Then add the walnuts & raisins (optional). Finally, pour the mixture into the two baking pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then start checking the cakes, using a toothpick. When the toothpicks come out clean (using the center of the cake), your cakes are done.