- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 & ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 & ½ cups of golden raisins
- 1 & ½ cups chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease, one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt & baking soda.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Add the beaten egg, orange zest and orange juice, mix and then add the raisins & dried cranberries, while continuing to mix.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan & bake for approximately 70 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the loaf & it can be removed clean.
- Cool on wire rack.