Chef Norm’s Hungarian Goulash
Great for these cold winter days!
- 2 pounds cubed beef chuck roast
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Place beef in slow cooker, and cover with onions. In a medium bowl, stir together ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, paprika, mustard, and 1 cup water. Pour mixture over beef and onions.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 9 to 10 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Mix 1/4 cup water with flour to form a paste, and stir into goulash. Cook on High for 10 to 15 minutes, or until sauce thickens.