- 2 teaspoons of dried Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 2/3 cup of minced Shallots
- 1 & ½ cups of Chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 Lamb Chops (1 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons of Butter
- ½ cup of dried Cranberries
- Mix together the thyme, basil, rosemary, salt & pepper. Rub the dry mixture onto both sides of the lamb chops. Place the lamb chops on a baking sheet, cover with saran wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet large enough to fit all 8 lamb chops, over a medium flame. When the skillet & oil are hot, add the lamb chops and brown on both sides until you have reached your desired temperature. When your lamb chops are the desired temperature for you, remove the lamb chops from the skillet and set the lamb chops onto a serving plate.
- Continue using the same skillet with the lamb drippings & olive oil remaining in the skillet, and add the minced shallots, cooking on a medium-high flame, until browned. Then add the balsamic vinegar and chicken broth. Continue cooking until the sauce has been reduced by 50 %. When the sauce is no longer runny, remove from the heat & add the butter. Pour the reduction over the lamb chops, then sprinkle the dried cranberries over the sauced lamb chops. Serve immediately.
This dish is excellent with Wild Rice & Portobello Mushrooms.