Chef Norm’s Marble Pumpkin Cheesecake
Perfect for Fall!
- 1 & ½ cups of crushed gingersnap cookies
- ½ cup of finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2-8oz. packages of cream cheese (softened)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix the crushed gingersnap cookies, pecans, and butter. Mold & press into the bottom, and about 1 inch up the sides of a 8-9 inch spring form pan. Bake crust 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow crust to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla, until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture. Blend 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the mixture.
- Spread the pumpkin flavored batter into the crust, and drop the plain batter by spoonfuls onto the top. Swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven, or until filling is set. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool before removing pan rim. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.