Chef Norm’s Mexican Pizza Dip
Easy to prepare party dip!
This is a great party dip, and really easy to prepare! With the holidays approaching, try this recipe for your guests. Whenever I go to visit family or friends, I’m always asked to bring this dip with me. I call it Mexican Pizza Dip.
- 3- 8oz. packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- 1- 15oz. jar of mild (or medium) chunky Salsa Sauce.
- 1 package of Mexican flavored shredded Cheese (found in most grocery stores, usually near the shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- 1 medium tomato-diced in small pieces.
- 3- 4 teaspoons of dried chives, or one bunch of fresh finely chopped scallions. Personally, I prefer the chives.
- Pinch of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and dried cilantro (to taste).
- A few drops of Frank’s hot sauce (optional).
- A large bag of Nacho Chips, Taco Chips or Scoop Taco Chips.
- At flat serving plate with a lip-at least 10 inches wide, to spread the dip on to.
Mix the 3 bars of cream cheese, 1/3 jar of the Salsa Sauce, the diced tomatoes & the chives, (or diced scallions), together, by hand-in a mixing bowl. The consistency should be smooth, not lumpy & not too loose, yet loose enough to use as a dip. You may need to add a bit more of the Salsa Sauce to get the correct dipping consistency, however, start with 1/3 of the jar. Then mix in a pinch of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cilantro to taste. You can add a few drops of hot sauce if you want a little more “kick”. Spread the mixture evenly onto the serving plate and sprinkle the Mexican Shredded Cheese over the cream cheese dip. Serve with Nacho, or taco chips.
I’ve seen people add sliced black olives, additional diced tomatoes & additional diced scallions over the cheese topping. That’s up to you.