Chef Norm’s Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
Great Summer Meal!
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 12 button mushrooms
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, or as needed
- 6-8 skewers
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Soak the skewers in water for about 1 hour. This should keep the skewers from burning.
- Thread red pepper, onion, chicken, cherry tomatoes, button mushrooms and pineapple onto skewers; brush with some barbecue sauce.
- Cook on the preheated grill until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes per side.