Chef Norm’s Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup margarine
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 & ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9” loaf pan.
- Put softened cheese, butter, and sugar in mixing bowl. Beat the ingredients together. Beat in eggs one at a time until blended. Mix in pumpkin.
- In another bowl combine flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, raisins, cloves, and walnuts. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Pour all at once over batter. Stir just enough to moisten. Turn into the greased 9” loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10-15 minutes in the pan. Remove the loaf bread & place on a rack to finish cooling.