Chef Norm’s Slamming Quiche
- ½ pound of thick sliced bacon
- 10 oz. package of frozen chopped spinach
- 8oz. sour cream
- (2) 9 inch unbaked pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, finely diced
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 cups of diced smoked ham
- 8 oz. Monterey Cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 8 large eggs
- 1 & ½ cups of half & half cream
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside. Cook spinach according to package instructions. Allow to cool, then squeeze dry.
2. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions until soft and translucent. Stir in mushrooms, and cook for 2 minutes, or until soft. Stir in ham and cooked bacon. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, combine spinach, sour cream, salt and pepper. Divide, and spread into pie crusts. Layer with bacon mixture. Mix together Monterey Jack, Cheddar and Parmesan, and sprinkle over pies. Whisk together eggs, half-and-half and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and pour over pies.
4. Place pies on baking sheet, and bake on middle shelf in preheated oven for 40 minutes. The top will be puffed and golden brown. Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes