- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs*
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat and add olive oil. In a shallow bowl combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, and pepper. Rub the seasoning into the chicken on each side. Pan sear in the hot oil until each side is brown. Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth and lime juice and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high 3-4 hours. Right before the chicken is done, carefully remove the chicken and add heavy cream, cilantro, and cornstarch and water and mix well. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and continue to cook until sauce starts to thicken about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over rice, or quinoa and garnish with additional fresh cilantro.