- 12 ounces of uncooked Bow-Tie pasta
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil…plus some additional olive oil for the boiling pasta water
- 1 pound of sweet Italian sausages, cooked & sliced into 1 inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup of diced onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- ½ cup of diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 & ½ cups of heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon of salt (optional)…plus some additional salt for the boiling pasta water
- 3 tablespoons of minced fresh parsley
1. Cook the pasta in boiling (lightly salted water-with a small amount of olive oil, for approximately 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, rinse with some warm water and put off to the side for later use.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium flame. Throw in the cooked, sliced, sausages and pepper flakes. Then add the onions, sun-dried tomatoes & garlic and continue cooking until the onions are tender. Stir in the can of diced tomatoes, heavy cream & salt. Simmer until the mixture thickens, approximately 8-10 minutes.
3. Stir in the cooked pasta, and continue simmering another minute, until the pasta is nice & hot.
4. Sprinkle with parsley & serve