The holiday season is in full swing at The Kensington White Plains, and we are so excited for all of our seasonal food favorites! Wake up on Christmas morning with this unforgettable Christmas Quiche Lorraine. A quick and delicious recipe, it’s the perfect start to the morning with friends and family.
Serving Size: 8
Total Time: 2 hours
- Dough for single-crust deep-dish pie
- 12 oz bacon strips, chopped
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 3 large sweet onions, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 14-inch circle. Place in a 9-in. pie dish and press down on all sides. Place in refridgerator until ready to fill.
- In a large pan, cook bacon over until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove and drain with paper towels. Cook onions in the same pan over medium heat until caramelized.
- Stir in salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Stir in cheeses and bacon and fill the crust.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and cream until blended; pour over top.
- Place quiche in oven on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes.