A Continuum of Care with Health SOS
At The Kensington, Health SOS provides full-time, on-site, state-licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech language pathologists that are selected based on their experience, knowledge, compassion and manual techniques.
Health SOS is privately owned by Sandra Foschi, Physical Therapist and Certified Nutritionist, with more than 28 years experience. Sandra and her team are committed to raising the bar on the quality of care for patients.
Healing is a team effort and experienced, caring individual contributions make enormous differences to those in need. -Sandra Foschi
Health SOS provides comprehensive services for individuals with disabilities, injuries or pain. Using state-of-the-art equipment and personalized treatments, the goal is to maximize function, reduce pain, and increase mobility and, therefore, independence – for a higher quality of life. Health SOS provides quality, manual treatments, progressing the individual at any stage during the strengthening and recovery process.
A Full Range of Therapy Services
Following a complete initial evaluation of range of motion, strength and other capabilities, the physical therapist is able to establish a treatment plan incorporating various forms of therapeutic exercise, muscle re-education techniques, gait, balance and proper use of orthotic devices.
The occupational therapist evaluates and treats patients’ disabilities with the goal of gaining independence with activities of daily living – especially upper extremities. Wheelchair fitting, assessments and training are performed, and splinting and adaptive devices are designed and fabricated as needed.
Assessments may include:
- Range of motion
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Cognitive and perceptual abilities
Post-injury/ Pre- and Post-surgery
- Gait and balance training/fall prevention
- Spine therapy/posture/body mechanics
- Post total joint replacements
- Low back and neck pain/disorders
- Hand and upper extremity and disorders
- Post surgical bone and tendon repairs
- Fractures, Sprains and Strains
- Pain and edema control
- Scar tissue management
- Strengthening and joint protection
Speech Language Pathology
- Speech-Language/ Aphasia/ Dysphagia (swallowing impairment) training
- Cognitive-communication disorders include problems organizing thoughts, paying attention, remembering, planning, and/or problem-solving. These disorders usually happen as a result of a stroke, traumatic brain injury, or dementia, although they can be congenital
- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia) are feeding and swallowing difficulties, which may follow an illness, surgery, stroke, or injury