A Continuum of Care with HealthPRO Heritage
At The Kensington, HealthPRO Heritage provides full-time on-site, state-licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech language pathologists. These professionals are selected based on their experience, knowledge, compassion, and manual techniques.
HealthPRO’s multidisciplinary team can evaluate your needs and develop a tailored program, which may include:
- Physical Therapy helps restore and maintain maximum movement and functional ability. Therapy can improve mobility, balance, range of motion, and physical strength.
- Occupational Therapy can help adapt to life changes and improve functional abilities. Therapy can provide training and guidance on self-care skills such as bathing, dressing, feeding, and grooming.
- Speech Therapy helps with all aspects of communication and memory. It can also assist with chewing and swallowing problems.
Specially trained HealthPRO Heritage therapists are available to provide skilled services in partnership with The Kensington’s own fitness, wellness and rehab programs to maintain the healing progress achieved in therapy.
As a leading provider of subacute care, we’re proud of our cutting-edge rehabilitative programs and remain dedicated to inspiring overall health and well-being.
HealthPRO Heritage provides comprehensive services for individuals with disabilities, injuries, or pain. Using state-of-the-art equipment and personalized treatments, the goal is to maximize function, reduce pain, and increase mobility. The ultimate goal is therefore, independence – for a higher quality of life.
The team offers expertise in the following:
- Post-Operative Joint Replacement
- Neurologic & Stroke Recovery
- Cardiac Care
- Pain Management
- Fall Prevention/Balance
- Memory Enhancement
- Bladder Health
- Parkinson’s Disease
Research shows that whole-person wellness is the key to quality of life and successful aging. The HealthPRO team’s multidimensional approach to wellness includes:
- HealthyLiving wellness program that encompasses six dimensions to achieve optimal health in body, mind, and spirit.
- Discovery Series educational programs and clinics on health topics to foster healthy living.
- HealthyFIT private wellness program that provides one-to-one training to maintain function after skilled therapy services.
Following a complete initial evaluation of range of motion, strength and other capabilities, the physical therapist is able to establish a treatment plan incorporating various forms of therapeutic exercise, muscle re-education techniques, gait, balance and proper use of orthotic devices.
The occupational therapist evaluates and treats patients’ disabilities with the goal of gaining independence with activities of daily living – especially upper extremities. Wheelchair fitting, assessments and training are performed, and splinting and adaptive devices are designed and fabricated as needed.
Assessments may include:
- Range of motion
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Cognitive and perceptual abilities
Post-injury/ Pre- and Post-surgery
- Gait and balance training/fall prevention
- Spine therapy/posture/body mechanics
- Post total joint replacements
- Low back and neck pain/disorders
- Hand and upper extremity and disorders
- Post surgical bone and tendon repairs
- Fractures, Sprains and Strains
- Pain and edema control
- Scar tissue management
- Strengthening and joint protection
Speech Language Pathology
- Speech-Language/ Aphasia/ Dysphagia (swallowing impairment) training
- Cognitive-communication disorders include problems organizing thoughts, paying attention, remembering, planning, and/or problem-solving. These disorders usually happen as a result of a stroke, traumatic brain injury, or dementia, although they can be congenital
- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia) are feeding and swallowing difficulties, which may follow an illness, surgery, stroke, or injury