Because we care. Because we take our responsibilities seriously.
Because our residents are family… We are working continually to sustain a COVID-safe environment. We are complying with the latest recommendations and requirements issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local Department of Health. Read further below on our safety measures we are taking now; subject to change pursuant to latest guidelines.
- We monitor team members for fever and symptoms of illness.
- A team member who exhibits symptoms will leave our community immediately and will resume working on-premises only when all CDC return-to-work guidelines are met.
- Team members must wear masks and practice social distancing.
- Team members are equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE), such as protective face shields, N95 or surgical masks, isolation gowns, and gloves.
- Team members wash hands and use hand sanitizer routinely throughout their shift.
- We monitor resident temperatures and oxygen levels throughout the day.
- Unvaccinated residents wear masks and practice social distancing protocols while dining and when engaging in life enrichment activities.
- Vaccinated residents wear masks when appropriate.
- We remind residents to wash and sanitize their hands throughout the day and give assistance, if needed.
- Our residents have eagerly received the COVID vaccinations. All new residents will be tested for COVID within seven days prior to move in. Any non-vaccinated residents moving in will be encouraged to, and supported in efforts to receive a COVID vaccine.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- All team members must wear protective masks. Unvaccinated residents must wear masks and social distance during activities and meals.
- We stock and regularly monitor an inventory of protective masks, face shields, gloves and gowns for use by team members and residents.
- We use CDC-approved disinfectants, including Clorox 360, throughout our community, in high-traffic areas and in resident apartments.
- We use Proctor and Gamble cleaning products that have been deemed effective against COVID-19.
- Team members must retrieve deliveries outside our community and sanitize them before distribution.
- We partner with a move-in management company that upholds infection control policies and procedures that are comparable to ours.
- Our team will coordinate to retrieve a resident’s furniture and belongings to sanitize it prior to entering or exiting the community.
We are here to help. Please contact us today if you have more questions about The Kensington’s safety measures and our promise to keep loved ones safe.